- The President shall serve as chairperson of the Board, preside over all meetings of the Board, and exercise and perform such other powers and duties as may from time to time be assigned to him or her by the Board.
- The President shall represent and be the official spokesperson for SHPE DFW and represent the Chapter by maintaining communication with the Regional Vice President and SHPE National Office.
- The President is responsible for all business concerning the Chapter, and functions and activities under the direction of the Chapter, subject to the approval of the Board.
- As Chairperson, the President shall not participate in voting unless there is a deadlock on the Board, in which case he/she shall have one (1) vote in order to break the deadlock.
- The Vice President shall serve as the co-chief operating officer of the Corporation and will assume responsibilities in the absence of the President and serve in the capacity of chairperson if the Chairperson is removed and/or no longer able to serve.
- The Vice-president will provide oversight as the senior sponsor for all "External" Standing Committees (Professional Development, University Relations, Educational Outreach, Membership) in the developing of plans for duties and responsibilities by the second Board meeting of the fiscal year.
- The Secretary shall serve as the co-chief operating officer of the Corporation and will act as interim President in the absence of the President and Vice President
- The Secretary shall publish minutes of all meetings, proceedings, and actions of Directors and Board Committees, making proper entries in the book of record, and serving all notices required by law or the Bylaws of the Chapter.
- The Secretary will provide oversight as the senior sponsor for all “Internal” Standing Committees (i.e. Partnership/PR, Marketing, Governance & Programs) in the developing of plans for duties and responsibilities by the second Board meeting of the year.
- The Secretary is responsible for all business filings with the Texas Secretary of State, including but not limited to amendments to the Registered Agent and/or Registered Office or filing Assumed Name Certificate renewals.
- The Treasurer shall act as the chief financial officer of the Corporation and shall monitor the collection of funds from SHPE National and corporate sponsorships, the disbursement of authorized funds, and the banking and accounting of all Chapter funds, including reimbursements to Chapter members submitting receipts.
- The Treasurer shall serve as the chairperson of the Finance Committee and provide organizational budget updates and semi-annual financial reports listing all revenues, operating expenses, liabilities and assets to the Board of Directors.
- The Treasurer shall be responsible for all financial reports and filings required by the State of Texas and the Federal Government;
Membership serves as the chairperson for the Membership Committee, and is responsible to
- Develop and implement membership plans for retention of current members and growth of new members, according to Board goals.
- Coordinate, manage, track, and evaluate all membership and renewal activities, including new member,renewal, and potential member mailings.
- Work with Committees to develop social programs and services for members
- Coordinate with the President the annual “Town Hall” membership meeting
Public Relations serves as the chairperson for the Public Relations Committee, and is responsible to
- Execute strategies intended to create and uphold a positive public image of SHPE DFW by working and forming various relationships with corporations, media, government and public charitable organizations.
- Ensure partnerships and affiliations with external organizations are tracked and made accessible to other Board members.
Marketing serves as the chairperson for the Marketing Committee and is responsible to
- Develop the marketing strategy for SHPE DFW and oversee implementation of strategy across events, in partnership with chairs of External Standing Committees.
- Manage social media presence and maintain up-to-date events and news on website.
- Submit articles to SHPE National for chapter, member, or event spotlight
Professional Development serves as the chairperson for the Professional Development Committee and is responsible to
- Oversee implementation of programs and activities targeted at developing leadership and professional skills among our membership base.
- Ensure the Professional Development Committee hosts at a minimum: one (1) Professional Development event held in August through December and one (1) Professional Speaker event in January through June, per SHPE National requirements in the National Reporting Program.
- Create overall community outreach strategy and programs
- Ensure these Committees hosts at a minimum one (1) Outreach/Community Service event held in January through June per SHPE National requirements on the National Reporting Program.
Directors are responsible for recruiting respective chair positions and committee members, and providing general mentoring and training as needed to committee members.